About Me

My photo
Victoria, Australia
I am an author of Young Adult Fiction books. I worked as a teacher in the Pacific Islands for seven years. Whilst in the Solomon Islands I taught PSSC English before the ethnic tension in 2000 forced a change of plans. I love Pacific literature, art and music. You can find me on Facebook at Beth Montgomery Author.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pix of Nauru

I found some of these old photos in my cupboard. They are scenes of Nauru from 1992 and 1993. Wow, some of these are 20 years old.







The cantilever that deposits phosphate into the ships.
Source: B Montgomery


Anibare Bay. Source: B Montgomery.


Pinnicles in the foreground, remaining vegetation in the background.
Source: B Montgomery

5 comments:

  1. Hey Beth, how can it be 20 years since we were there that is very scary! I still have plans to go back for a visit and walk down memory lane. Only 2 years but it has such a big part of my memory and heart, I didnt know how good it was until I actually came home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how time marches on. It is a giant slice of my life too, many wonderful memories. It would be good to go back but so many people are no longer there...Good to here from you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Beth. I am currently studying Nauru for a paper called pacific regional studies at uni and would really like to use these pictures in my presentations. Of course I would reference you as the photographer.
    Thanks.
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Jordan, not a problem. Good luck with your studies and I hope you keep visiting Island Stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete