About Me

My photo
Victoria, Australia
I am an author of Young Adult Fiction books. I worked as a teacher in the Pacific Islands for seven years. Whilst in the Solomon Islands I taught PSSC English before the ethnic tension in 2000 forced a change of plans. I love Pacific literature, art and music. You can find me on Facebook at Beth Montgomery Author.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ingenuity

I love these decorative creations that adorn so many houses in the Pacific. It's amazing what can be done with plastic food wrappers. Someone has obviously spent hours folding, cutting and sewing food wrappers to make this interesting piece, displayed here at the Mothers Union Guest house in Buala, SI. And what do we do in Australia? We throw all these wrappers into landfill rubbish tips. Somehow I think the woman who made this decoration has a better grasp of resource management than those of us from developed nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment