About Me

My photo
Victoria, Australia
I am an author of Young Adult Fiction books. I worked as a teacher in the Pacific Islands for seven years. Whilst in the Solomon Islands I taught PSSC English before the ethnic tension in 2000 forced a change of plans. I love Pacific literature, art and music. You can find me on Facebook at Beth Montgomery Author.

Monday, September 27, 2010

St Joseph's Tenaru revisited

Over the July holidays I revisited St Joseph's Tenaru Catholic Secondary School in the Solomon Islands where I used to teach. Unfortunately it was holiday time there too, but it was good to see renovations going on: the boys' dormitory was getting a new staircase. The grounds were looking overgrown so I can imagine all the 'brushing' (grass cutting) the students on work session would have done on their first few weeks back.
This is my daughter inspecting the school's cucumber patch. Rice is drying on the concrete in the background. St Joseph's Tenaru has always had a good reputation for teaching agriculture.
I wish the year twelve students all the best for their upcoming PSSC examinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment